Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I'm a woodcarver...

and I've been carving since December 2004. I enjoy carving basswood, pine, aspen, and will probably attempt to carve most woods at least once.

Right now, I'm busy carving ornaments for a Christmas Ornament swap. 18 to be done by December. I am carving several different ones. I will send out the best to the other woodcarvers in the swap. I didn't think I'd like doing so many at once. But I am having fun. It took me a while to settle on one particular pattern. But once I did, I came up with a few more that I liked. So, that's why I'll be doing several for the swap. I'll post pics once they go out in the mail. Don't want to spoil the surprise for the recipients.

When I'm not carving ornaments, I'm carving WhittleBears. Here's a pic of some that I did a while ago:


I enjoy carving them. They're usually for pins but they can be ornaments, pins, or magnets, too. I also carve pins of different sorts. I just carved a couple of WhittleBears for Breast Cancer Awareness month.


I usually develop the pins based on a holiday theme. Michelle, my wife, likes to wear them. I just finished one of harvest corn that she'll be wearing soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment